Going where many couples have gone before, my boyfriend Nick and I spent a stressful month apartment-hunting, only to settle on the infamous pink brownstone in Park Slope. What follows are our attempts to restore our second-floor apartment back to the glory it hasn't seen since the landlord took out the sink and let the paint peel.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Paint

So, after a week of emailing Nick a variety of possible paint colors with impossible names like "serenity sky" and "key lime pie," with the help of the AWESOME painter Lynn (anyone needing an affordable and awesome painter contact me for his info) I chose Soft Chinchilla for the den (a soft blue a la Ben Moore) and Violetta (a new offering from Ben Moore) for the bedroom. Below are the results. I am quite pleased.



The bedroom. It looks lighter in the daylight, but as poor Lynn worked eight hours trying to make our warn-down walls look pretty (and he succeeded) it was around 8:30pm when I took this photo.


The bed will likely come out from this wall.


What a calming purple. I just found a duvet cover from Macy's that will go great with this, really class up our joint.




Look at our pretty den! The blue is beautiful.


I am so pleased with this. So is Nick.


A future project is to fix up the kitchen-- which has torn walls with black paint showing through and a fake linoleum floor covering a beautiful old marble one-- and the bathroom. But for now, go us! Huzzah for the miracle that is a fresh coat of paint! Our home is starting to feel like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment