Going where many couples have gone before, my boyfriend Nick and I spent a stressful month apartment-hunting, only to settle on the infamous pink brownstone in Park Slope. What follows are our attempts to restore our second-floor apartment back to the glory it hasn't seen since the landlord took out the sink and let the paint peel.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Home Sweeter Home


So I thought some of you might want to see what we've done with the place so far. There's a good deal left to do-- cabinets for the kitchen, some sort of flooring for the kitchen, another bookshelf for my leftover five boxes of books, a dust ruffle to be put on the bed... but we're getting there. Below are some photos of our home in progress!

View from the kitchen of the left corner of the den. That's Nick's "study" area. The den looks over Garfield Place and gets a ton of light.


The other two windows to the right of the window by Nick's desk. There's a lot more light than my iPhone camera shows. There are our beloved armchairs, and the couch I inherited from my parents which faces the fireplace/TV stand.


The fireplace/TV stand and my blue hutch filled with only "pretty" glasses and plates, much to Nick's annoyance.


The bedroom. It looks so dark in this photo! The bed faces the second fireplace. There are still boxes in here to be unpacked, all mine. Sorry sweetie.


More photos coming soon! This weekend we put up cabinets, bookshelf, and get a dust ruffle on that damn bed! Wooohooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment