Going where many couples have gone before, my boyfriend Nick and I spent a stressful month apartment-hunting, only to settle on the infamous pink brownstone in Park Slope. What follows are our attempts to restore our second-floor apartment back to the glory it hasn't seen since the landlord took out the sink and let the paint peel.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Laborous Labor Day Weekend

As Nick so cleverly tweeted in his twitter about our first year living together ShackingUpInSin, "adulthood means taking a break from moving boxes and furniture and going to work." It also means using labor day weekend to unpack and hire handymen (aka, Lynn The Painter) to hang up cabinets.

After two pretty tough days where I thought Nick was going to kill me as I put up yet another framed photograph, we were finally able to relax a bit. And a special thank you to my friend Elysse for the lovely Welcome Home card and to Genevieve Santos of le petit elefant for the beautiful pillows she made me and Nick!

It's me and Nick talking on a tin-can phone!

Park Slope is a really sweet neighborhood. There are kids everywhere, so you have to be cool with the kiddies, but there's lots of shops and good restaurants and it's nice to finally feel safe, like really safe, late at night. I realize it's sort of hippies-turned-adult yuppies, but I'm a fan.

Later I'll post some photos of the new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment